Renewable Energy Questions and Answers :-
Q1. A non-renewable resource is a finite resource.
Q.2. The below schematic diagram represents which life cycle?
- Carbon Life Cycle
- Earth minerals Life Cycle
- Phosphorus Life Cycle
- Fossil Fuel Life Cycle
Q.3. The primary composition of coal is _______________
Q.4. Which Ministry is mainly responsible for refining, distribution, import, export of petroleum products and natural gas in India?
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Fossil Fuel
- Ministry of Non-Renewable Energy
- Ministry of Oil
Q.5. The major non-renewable energy usage in India is___________
- Petroleum and other liquids
- Natural gas
Q.6. Which of the following energy has the greatest potential among all the sources of renewable energy?
- Solar energy
- Wind Energy
- Thermal energy
- Hydro-electrical energy
Q.7. Oil is estimated to last for ________ more
- 100 years
- 500 years
- A decade
- 800 years
For more subject related Answers Join this Group👇
Q.8. In what form is solar energy is radiated from the sun?
- Ultraviolet Radiation
- Infrared radiation
- Electromagnetic waves
- Transverse waves
Q.9. The single solar cell voltage is about _______
- 0.2 V
- 0.5 V
- 0.8 V
Q.10. The solar cell efficiency is about ______
Q.11. Recycling of waste:
- encourages production of second-grade product
- conserves both material and energy
- causes environmental pollution
- consumes more energy as compared to manufacturing from fresh material
Q.12. Which one of the following statements is not true for solar energy?
- It is a dilute form of energy.
- Its availability is diurnal.
- Availability at any instant of time is uncertain.
- Its harnessing at large scale is easy.
Q.13. A solar thermal collector:
- collects the solar energy and reflects it back.
- absorbs the solar radiation and dissipates it to the ambient.
- collects and converts the solar energy into electrical energy.
- collects and converts the solar energy into thermal energy and delivers it to the next stage of the system.
Q.14. Temperature attains by paraboloider dish collector is:
- 2000 degree
- 3000 degree
- 1000 degree
- 4000 degree
Q.15. Image showing is which kind of collector?
- by paraboloider dish collector
- Flat plate collector
- modified flat plate collector
- fixed mirror collector
Q.16. Solar array is a:
- cascade connected solar plant.
- combination of solar panel with Inverter
- series and parallel combination of solar cells
- parallel combination of solar plant with another plant
Q.17. The element required for solar energy conversion is?
- Ultra Pure Carbon
Q.18. Photovoltaic cells are ______ materials.
- bad conductor
Q.19. Solar cells work on the principle of:
- Isolation and Opto coupling
- Photo Voltaic
- Opto Coupling
Q.20. Out of energy, economy and environment:
- only energy and environment are related.
- only energy and economy are related.
- all the three are interrelated.
- all the three are independent.
Q.21. Based on the following options, choose the correct option.
Statement I: Non-Conventional energy is available in nature free of cost.
Statement II: Non-Conventional energy is exhaustible in nature.
- Statement I and Statement II are correct and Statement II is the correct explanation
of Statement I
- Statement I and Statement II are correct and Statement II is not the correct
explanation of Statement I
- Statement I is true and Statement II is false
- Statement II is true and Statement I is false
Q.22. Which of the following statements is not true about Renewable Energy?
- They do not cause pollution
- Their transportation is difficult
- They cause ecological imbalance
- They have a low gestation period
Q.23. The storage of renewable energy sources is expensive.
Q.24. Renewable energy-based power plants have ______
- negligible fuel cost
- low energy availability
- negligible production capacity
- fuel storage tanks
Q.25. The cost of harnessing energy from Non-Conventional Energy sources is low.
For more subjects related Answers Join this Group👇
This answer is provided by us only for discussion purpose if any answer will be getting wrong don’t blame us. If any doubt or suggestions regarding any question kindly comment. The solution is provided by Chase2learn. This tutorial is only for Discussion and Learning purpose.