Hello NPTEL Learners, In this article, you will find NPTEL Ethical Hacking Assignment 4 Week 4 Answers 2023. All the Answers are provided below to help the students as a reference don’t straight away look for the solutions, first try to solve the questions by yourself. If you find any difficulty, then look for the solutions.
NPTEL Ethical Hacking Assignment 5 Answers 2023 Join Group👇
Note: We are trying to give our best so please share with your friends also.
NPTEL Ethical Hacking Assignment 4 Answers 2023:
We are updating answers soon Join Group for update: CLICK HERE
Q.1. Which of the following statement(s) is/are false?
- a. Hypervisor allows one host system to support multiple virtual machines by sharing the resources.
- b. Hypervisor allows one host system to support multiple virtual machines; however, it does not allow resource sharing.
- c. Kali-linux is a Debian-based Linux distribution, that has collection of tools that are useful for penetration testing.
- d. Kali-linux is a hack-proof secured operating system.
- e. None of these.
Q.2. Which of the following statement(s) is/are true about “Active Reconnaissance”?
- a. Information about the target is collected indirectly.
- b. Information about the target is collected directly.
- c. There is a chance of detection in active reconnaissance.
- d. There is no chance of detection in active reconnaissance.
Q.3. Which of the following is not an Information source over the internet for an attackers?
- a. Whois
- b. YouTube
- c. Archive.org
- d. Netcraft
- e. Hydra
NPTEL Ethical Hacking Assignment 5 Answers Join Group👇
Q.4. Which of the following data cannot be retrieved about the target system/website using Whois database lookup?
Q.5. Which of the following search operators can narrow down the search results to a site that has the targeted search term in the URL?
Q.6. Which of the following information can be retrieved using DNS/Mail server enumeration?
- a. Usernames
- b. Computer names
- c. Operating system
- d. Open ports
- e. IP address of system
- f. Size of the network
Q.7. Which of the following statement(s) is/are true for host discovery using ICMP ECHO and ICMP non-ECHO sweep?
- a. In ICMP sweep, the attacker sends out an ICMP ECHO request packet to the target, and waits for an ICMP ECHO reply response.
- b. In Non-Echo ICMP sweep, the attacker sends out an ICMP ECHO request packet to the target, and waits for an ICMP ECHO reply response.
- c. In ICMP sweep, if the attacker does not receive an ICMP ECHO reply then the host is considered as down.
- d. In ICMP sweep, if the attacker does not receive an ICMP ECHO reply then the host is considered as live.
- e. In Non-Echo ICMP sweep, if the attacker dose not receive an ICMP ECHO reply then the host is considered as down.
NPTEL Ethical Hacking Week 4 Assignment 4 Answers Join Group👇
Q.8. Which of the following option(s) is/are used for host discovery using TCP and UDP sweep respectively?
Q.9. Which of the following Information is retrieved by port scanning?
- a. Information about the operating system running on the target system.
- b. The services running on the target system.
- c. The IP address of the target system.
- d. None of these.
Q.10. What kind of packet is received if the target port is closed/filtered in TCP connect/SYN scan?
- a. RST
- b. ACK
- C. SYN-ACK
- d. SYN
- e. RST/ACK
Q.11. Which of the following option(s) is/are used for OS and Version detection respectively?
Q.12. How many ports are scanned in NMAP for a target system If we use-F option,
- Answer: 1000
Q.13. Which of the following NMAP scanning option(s) is/are correct with respect to port scanning?
Q.14. If we want to disable host discovery in port scanning, then which of the following options can be used?
Q.15. Which of the following can be used to reconnaissance countermeasures?
- a. Do not release critical info in public.
- b. Encrypt password and sensitive information.
- c. Restrict zone transfer.
- d. Examine logs periodically.
- e. Use firewalls.
- f. All of these.
NPTEL Ethical Hacking Assignment 4 Answers Join Group👇
Disclaimer: This answer is provided by us only for discussion purpose if any answer will be getting wrong don’t blame us. If any doubt or suggestions regarding any question kindly comment. The solution is provided by Chase2learn. This tutorial is only for Discussion and Learning purpose.
About NPTEL Ethical Hacking Course:
Ethical hacking is a subject that has become very important in present-day context, and can help individuals and organizations to adopt safe practices and usage of their IT infrastructure. Starting from the basic topics like networking, network security and cryptography, the course will cover various attacks and vulnerabilities and ways to secure them.
- Week 1: Introduction to ethical hacking. Fundamentals of computer networking. TCP/IP protocol stack.
- Week 2: IP addressing and routing. TCP and UDP. IP subnets.
- Week 3: Routing protocols. IP version 6.
- Week-4: Installation of attacker and victim system. Information gathering using advanced google search, archive.org, netcraft, whois, host, dig, dnsenum and NMAP tool.
- Week-5: Vulnerability scanning using NMAP and Nessus. Creating a secure hacking environment System Hacking: password cracking, privilege escalation, application execution. Malware and Virus. ARP spoofing and MAC attack.
- Week 6: Introduction to cryptography, private-key encryption, public-key encryption.
- Week 7: Cryptographic hash functions, digital signature and certificate, applications.
- Week 8: Steganography, biometric authentication, network-based attacks, DNS and Email security.
- Week-9: Packet sniffing using wireshark and burpsuite, password attack using burp suite. Social engineering attacks and Denial of service attacks.
- Week 10: Elements of hardware security: side-channel attacks, physical inclinable functions, hardware trojans.
- Week-11: Different types of attacks using Metasploit framework: password cracking, privilege escalation, remote code execution, etc.Attack on web servers: password attack, SQL injection, cross site scripting.
- Week 12: Case studies: various attacks scenarios and their remedies.
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE:
Average assignment score = 25% of average of best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course.
Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND EXAM SCORE >= 30/75. If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.
If you have not registered for exam kindly register Through https://examform.nptel.ac.in/
Join Our Telegram Group:- CLICK HERE