Hello NPTEL Learners, In this article, you will find NPTEL Ethical Hacking Assignment 2 Week 2 Answers 2023. All the Answers are provided below to help the students as a reference don’t straight away look for the solutions, first try to solve the questions by yourself. If you find any difficulty, then look for the solutions.
NPTEL Ethical Hacking Assignment 3 Answers 2023 Join Group👇
Note: We are trying to give our best so please share with your friends also.
NPTEL Ethical Hacking Assignment 2 Answers 2023:
We are updating answers soon Join Group for update: CLICK HERE
Q.1. Which of the following is/are false for IP fragmentation?
- a. It is a process that divides packets into smaller fragments.
- b. Fragmentation is required due to intermediate networks with smaller maximum transmission unit (MTU).
- c. Each fragmented packet is considered as separate IP packet.
- d. IP fragmentation is typically done by layer-2 switches.
- e. None of these.
Q.2. Consider the following statements:
(i) In transparent fragmentation, all fragmented packets are reassembled by an exit router.
(ii) In non-transparent fragmentation, all fragmented packets reassembled by host.
- a. Only (i) is true.
- b. Only (ii) is true.
- c. Both (i) and (ii) are true.
- d. Both (i) and (ii) are false.
Q.3. For reassembling the fragmented packets at the final destination, which of the following header field(s) is(are) used by IP?
- a. Fragment offset.
- b. Flags.
- c. Header checksum.
- d. HLEN.
- e. Identification.
NPTEL Ethical Hacking Assignment 3 Answers Join Group👇
Q.4. An IP packet arrives at a router with the first eight bits as 01001100. How many bytes are there in the OPTIONS field
- Answer: 28
Q.5. In an IP packet, the value of HLEN is 6, and the value of the TOTAL LENGTH field is 1000 (one thousand). The number of data bytes in the packet will be _.
- Answer: 976
Q.6. Which of the following is/are true for IP addressing?
- a. Each host connected to the Internet is defined by an IP address.
- b. IP address consist of two parts : network number and host number.
- c. When a packet is routed to the destination network, only the host number is used.
- d. Class A address can have a maximum of 16,777,214 networks.
- e. None of these.
Q.7. Which of the following is/are not a feature of TCP?
- a. Process to process communication.
- b. Stream delivery service.
- c. Connection-oriented service.
- d. Unreliable service.
- e. Full duplex communication.
- f. None of these.
NPTEL Ethical Hacking Week 2 Assignment 2 Answers Join Group👇
Q.8. Which of the following statement(s) is/are false for flag bits in TCP header?
- a. SYN=1 and ACK=1 represents a connection request message.
- b. SYN=1 and ACK=0 represents a connection confirmation message.
- c. RST bit is used to reject connection request.
- d. PUSH bit is used to indicate end of a message
- e. None of these.
Q.9. What is the subnet address if the destination IP address is 22.214.171.124 and the subnet mask is 255.255.242.0?
Q.10. An organization is allotted a block with beginning address as: 126.96.36.199/28 in CIDR notation. What will be the address range for that block?
- a. 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206
- b. 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168
- c. 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199
- d. 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206
NPTEL Ethical Hacking Assignment 2 Answers Join Group👇
Disclaimer: This answer is provided by us only for discussion purpose if any answer will be getting wrong don’t blame us. If any doubt or suggestions regarding any question kindly comment. The solution is provided by Chase2learn. This tutorial is only for Discussion and Learning purpose.
About NPTEL Ethical Hacking Course:
Ethical hacking is a subject that has become very important in present-day context, and can help individuals and organizations to adopt safe practices and usage of their IT infrastructure. Starting from the basic topics like networking, network security and cryptography, the course will cover various attacks and vulnerabilities and ways to secure them.
- Week 1: Introduction to ethical hacking. Fundamentals of computer networking. TCP/IP protocol stack.
- Week 2: IP addressing and routing. TCP and UDP. IP subnets.
- Week 3: Routing protocols. IP version 6.
- Week-4: Installation of attacker and victim system. Information gathering using advanced google search, archive.org, netcraft, whois, host, dig, dnsenum and NMAP tool.
- Week-5: Vulnerability scanning using NMAP and Nessus. Creating a secure hacking environment System Hacking: password cracking, privilege escalation, application execution. Malware and Virus. ARP spoofing and MAC attack.
- Week 6: Introduction to cryptography, private-key encryption, public-key encryption.
- Week 7: Cryptographic hash functions, digital signature and certificate, applications.
- Week 8: Steganography, biometric authentication, network-based attacks, DNS and Email security.
- Week-9: Packet sniffing using wireshark and burpsuite, password attack using burp suite. Social engineering attacks and Denial of service attacks.
- Week 10: Elements of hardware security: side-channel attacks, physical inclinable functions, hardware trojans.
- Week-11: Different types of attacks using Metasploit framework: password cracking, privilege escalation, remote code execution, etc.Attack on web servers: password attack, SQL injection, cross site scripting.
- Week 12: Case studies: various attacks scenarios and their remedies.
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE:
Average assignment score = 25% of average of best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course.
Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND EXAM SCORE >= 30/75. If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.
If you have not registered for exam kindly register Through https://examform.nptel.ac.in/
Join Our Telegram Group:- CLICK HERE