For Week 7 Answers Join this Group👇Note: We are trying to give our best so please share with your friends also.
NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality Week 6 Assignment 6 Answer 2022 :-
Q1. Kuldeep is a major shareholder in “Milan Enterprises,” yet he finds it difficult to narrate his ideas in a Board Meeting and asks his personal assistant to do the talking. In terms of communication, how do you assess Kuldeep?
- Kuldeep is an effective communicator.
- Kuldeep is a born leader.
- Kuldeep is an ineffective communicator.
- Kuldeep is comfortable if someone else can speak on his behalf.
- Kuldeep is the most sought-after person.
- Kuldeep is bad at soft skills.
Q.2. Identify the appropriate statements concerning communication:
- Communication is a complex interactive process.
- Effective communication does not involve shared assumptions.
- Effective communication helps you achieve the intended response.
- Communication is not a necessity for humans.
- Communication is a simple process.
- Effective communication is a major characteristic of a good leader.
For Week 7 Assignment Answers Join this Group👇
Q.3. Identify the people who have communication barriers:
- Ramya often uses homophones that confuse the listeners.
- Rajeev is an open-minded person who converses with the rich and poor alike.
- Raman’s students never understand his lectures as he complicates simple things.
- Ramesh, despite being an ideologue, empathizes with other people and tries not to hurt others during an argument.
- Rashmika does not value others’ opinions and has a “know-it-all” attitude.
- Mahesh always approaches a situation for a win-win solution.
Q.4. Dhanush is working as a general manager but is unable to connect with his employees. He uses his personal secretary Sathish to communicate for him. When Sathish went on a vacation, Dhanush struggled communication with his employees and ended up being aggressive and bossy. This caused misunderstandings; and so, the employees went on a strike. Pick the right pieces of advice to Dhanush for becoming an effective communicator in such a scenario?
- Advice Dhanush to understand and listen to the needs of the employees.
- Advise Dhanush to ignore the strike and wait for Sathish to return to deal with the situation
- Advise Dhanush to be more empathetic by avoiding stereotypes such as managers know better than the less qualified employees.
- Advise Dhanush to look at the problems from different perspectives
- Advise Dhanush to resign from the job.
- Advise Dhanush to terminate all the employees and hire new ones.
Q.5. Identify those situations with interpersonal communication barriers:
- The interviewer mistook Reema’s previous work experience as “nun” instead of “none” as she was not articulate enough.
- Santhosh Kumar has a fixed mindset and will not accept any new ideas.
- Rajan was feeling bad when his friends pranked him. He had an emotional outburst, and his friends consider him a crooked person from that day.
- Mala was very stressed and was unable to concentrate on the class.
- Niranjana is a Keralite who asked for a “pot” using the Malayalam word “Kalam.” But the shopkeeper was from Uttar Pradesh and took the word “Kalam” for the Hindi word and handed her a pen.
- Akhtar is a composed person who speaks clearly without any complexity.
Q.6. Identify different ways of communication:
- Body language
- Sign language
- Facial expression
- Bus transportations
Q.7. Identify the scenarios with downward communication.
- Thomas’s CEO ordered him to inform the workers regarding the new rules.
- Priya’s company discusses in groups to integrate the ideas for advertisement.
- Maniram’s manager ordered him to sell five thousand products within a month.
- Vikram’s grocery shop implements changes based on customer reviews.
- Deva’s company allows everyone to participate in making workplace rules.
- Amir’s five-star hotel relies on customers’ review of food.
For Week 7 Assignment Answers Join this Group👇
Q.8. Identify the reasons for barriers to ‘information flow’ in an organization:
- Downward communication can distort and delay the information.
- Information flow in an organization is flawless with no barriers
- Distortion of a message causes trust issues between management and employees.
- The upward communication model negates clients’ opinions
- Downward communication can conceal an information
- Upward communication model dismantles the hierarchy.
- Sitting with one’s leg on a desk with hands clasped behind the head.
- Steepling with the fingers.
- Resting one’s head in the palm of one’s hand.
- Making eye contact while talking to someone
- Assigning equal space for everyone in the workplace
- Having a slumped posture
Q.10. Identify the WRONG sentences pertaining to non-verbal communication:
- Silence can be used as a powerful means of dominance
- Non-verbal signals can contradict verbal meanings.
- Some non-verbal signs are universal and commonly accepted.
- Hands are the most powerful channels of non-verbal communication.
- Positive non-verbal signs are more noticeable than negative ones.
- Awareness of your body language can help you control it.
For Any Changes In Answers Join this Group👇
Q.11. What is a ‘communication barrier’?
- It is an object that enhances communication.
- It is a model for an effective communication
- It is something that prevents active listening and careful response
- It is a communication device that works through satellite signals.
- It is a process of a win-win solution.
- It is an online course on effective communication
Q.12. “Much ___ has come into the world because of bewilderment and things left ___.“
- communication, said
- films, directed
- happiness, said
- unhappiness, unsaid
- story, unwritten
- communication, unsaid
Q.13. Identify the person with effective communication skills:
- Sarah withdraws herself when someone approaches for a conversation.
- Ajay uses simple words instead of jargons while negotiating with customers.
- Preethi writes her novels without emotion, and her readers cannot empathize with characters.
- Tommy starts abusing the hecklers during his public speech.
- Abhishek beats around the bush while delivering an unpleasant news
- Josephine finds fault with others in telephonic conversations.
Q.14. Identify the personality barrier in communication:
- The weather of the auditorium
- Honking sounds from the traffic jam near the yoga class
- Inadequate lighting in a theatre
- Biased socio-cultural perceptions
- A talkative person sitting beside an individual during a lecture
- Speaker using a lot of technical terms
For Week 7 Assignment Answers Join this Group👇
Q.15. What is NOT the appropriate way to overcome a communication barrier?
- Explaining the context while using ambiguous words.
- Correlating intentions with positive non-verbal gestures.
- Using ambiguous words and technical jargons without explanations.
- Asking for a translator if one cannot understand the language.
- Understanding the cultural variations and pronunciations.
- Asking the speaker to reiterate an obscure idea.
Q.16. Who is making use of technology appropriately?
- Ajay communicates through WhatsApp with his friend residing next to his room.
- Akash forces his technologically ill–equipped grandparents to use the Zoom app,
- Meera exposes her personal life on Instagram to gain followers.
- Joseph avoids video calls if he can meet his friends in person.
- Sanjana finds it challenging to have a conversation in person as she is used to WhatsApp conversations.
- Savitri uses Snapchat to send official messages to her employees.
Q.17. What is NOT the right way to eliminate an organizational communication barrier?
- Disseminating of information through several channels.
- Having a feedback system involving more than one source.
- Creating an open environment for interaction and feedback.
- Flattening the organizational structure.
- Maintaining the hierarchy of the downward communication model.
- Promoting horizontal communication. Some non-verbal signs are universal and commonly accepted.
Q.18. What is the crux of the illustrative example of the anecdote between the husband and his wife (“My Wife’s Hearing”) discussed in the Lecture-32?
- Husbands should avoid the household jobs assigned by their wives.
- Women should never marry a deaf man.
- Men should never marry a deaf woman.
- The position we hold gives us a certain perspective which makes it difficult to understand others with different outlook.
- Wives always knew better than their husbands.
- Husbands always knew better than their wives.
Q.19. Identify the body language that asserts dominance:
- Slouching in a presentation.
- Sitting on the ground.
- Occupying more space and sitting in an elevated position.
- Avoiding eye contact.
- Crossing the hands, legs, or ankles.
- Smoking a cigarette.
Q.20. Identify the worst non-verbal communicator:
- Sunita wore a simple and neat saree to her job interview.
- Aman used a mild and pleasant perfume before attending a business meeting.
- Sita went to a fashion show decorating her face with piercings.
- Bhaskar went to a charity event wearing a decent dress.
- Varghese wore huge bracelets and colored his long hair as a preparation for army selection.
- Wasif wore his traditional dress during his sister’s marriage.
For Any Changes in Answers Join this Group👇This answer is provided by us only for discussion purpose if any answer will be getting wrong don’t blame us. If any doubt or suggestions regarding any question kindly comment. The solution is provided by Chase2learn. This tutorial is only for Discussion and Learning purpose.