Hello NPTEL Learners, In this article, you will find NPTEL Air Pollution and Control Assignment 1 Week 1 Answers 2023. All the Answers are provided below to help the students as a reference don’t straight away look for the solutions, first try to solve the questions by yourself. If you find any difficulty, then look for the solutions.
NPTEL Air Pollution and Control Assignment 2 Answers 2023 Join Group👇
Note: We are trying to give our best so please share with your friends also.
NPTEL Air Pollution and Control Assignment 1 Answers 2023:
We are updating answers soon Join Group for update: CLICK HERE
Q.1. In 1981, which air pollution legislation was adopted in India?
- The Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Rules
- Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act
- Environment (Protection) Act (EPA)
- Central Motor Vehicles Act
Q.2. Which gas was released during the Bhopal gas tragedy?
Q.3. Photochemical smog comes under which scales of air pollution?
- Micro scale
- Meso scale
- Macro scale
- Global scale
NPTEL Air Pollution and Control Assignment 2 Answers Join Group👇
Q.4. Select the incorrect statement.
- Contamination is simply the presence of a substance where it should not be or at concentrations above the background.
- Pollution is contamination that results in or can result in adverse biological effects on resident communities.
- Pollutant is the substance that alters the composition of the natural atmosphere.
- Sources are the places to which pollutants get absorbed or converted/transformed in some other constituents/forms.
Q.5. Which of the following gases is termed as the silent killer?
- Carbon dioxide
- Carbon monoxide
- Sulphur dioxide
Q.6. __ is a colorless and highly irritating gas that is formed by a photochemical reaction just above the earth’s surface.
- Ground-level ozone
Q.7. An observable alteration in the plant when exposed to air pollution is called
- None of the above
NPTEL Air Pollution and Control Week 1 Answers Join Group👇
Q.8. Which symptom is considered as an acute effect of Arsenic in animals:
Q.9. Which of the following pollutants is mainly responsible for forming the black crust on the surface of the stone materials?
- Particulate matter
Q.10. Which of the following pollutants is the most sensitive to rubber degradation?
NPTEL Air Pollution and Control Assignment 1 Answers Join Group👇
Disclaimer: This answer is provided by us only for discussion purpose if any answer will be getting wrong don’t blame us. If any doubt or suggestions regarding any question kindly comment. The solution is provided by Chase2learn. This tutorial is only for Discussion and Learning purpose.
About NPTEL Air Pollution and Control Course:
The objective of the course is to impart the knowledge and understanding of causes and effects of air pollution and their controlling mechanisms. The course will provide a deeper understanding of air pollutants, pollution inventory and modelling. The course also imparts knowledge on the impacts of air pollution on different aspects such as policy, human health and various contemporary technological innovation for betterment of air quality.
- Week 1 : Air Pollution: Introduction and Impacts of air pollution on human health, vegetation, animals, building materials, structures, and atmosphere, soil and water bodies.
- Week 2 : Sources, classification and formation/transformation of air pollutants: Meteorology and Atmospheric Stability.
- Week 3 : Lapse Rate, Plume Behaviour, and Air Quality Monitoring, Air Quality Index (AQI)
- Week 4 : Air Quality Modelling, Gaussian dispersion models: point, line and area source models
- Week 5 : Emissions Inventory: Transport, Industrial, Agricultural, Residential and Commercial sectors
- Week 6 : Application of Remote sensing/Satellite based data in emission inventory, Source apportionment using receptor modelling.
- Week 7 : Indoor air pollution: sources, types and health impacts. Sampling, assessment and evaluation of Indoor air quality.
- Week 8 : Global and regional environmental issues of air pollution: Ozone depletion, Climate change, Global warming, Acid rain.
- Week 9 : Air pollution control devices, equipment and their design.
- Week 10 : Air pollution emission standards, National and international policies, acts, rules and regulations.
- Week 11 : Emerging technologies and strategies to mitigate air pollution, Current challenges and way forward.
- Week 12 : Lab-based measurements of air pollutants.
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE:
Average assignment score = 25% of average of best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course.
Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND EXAM SCORE >= 30/75. If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.
If you have not registered for exam kindly register Through https://examform.nptel.ac.in/
Join Our Telegram Group:- CLICK HERE